SDKs, or software development kits, are bundles of code that are added into your app to help accomplish different types of tasks, such as securely processing payments, tracking user behavior or keeping users engaged. Mobile SDKS are extremely useful and nearly all apps have a good number of SDKs installed.
So what kinds of SDKs are there, and which ones are right for my app?
We have here a list of SDKs, useful for adding different capabilities into your mobile app, broken down into the following categories:
- Analytics – Provides insights into your app usage, user segments and funnels.
- Analytics + user engagement – Gain insights into your app usage and user segments, plus push capabilities.
- Attribution – Required to identify the sources of your mobile app traffic, through App Store install.
- User acquisition/Retargeting – Platforms that help your acquire the right users, or use ads to bring them back.
- User engagement (free vs paid) – Free/mium or paid tools to engage your app users (in-app messaging, push notifications, email) through segmentation and A/B campaign testing.
- Beta build distribution – Puts test builds in the hands of users.
- Back End as a service – Makes it easier to set up a mobile app Back End to support users and storage.
- Mobile payments – Facilitates user payments and manages security.
- Other development tools – Various tools to help for development.
- Other marketing tools – Various tools to help for development.
- SDK streamliners – Allows you to only install one SDK and use many (like Google Tag Manager).
Also included in this list is a suggested starter SDK stack, which includes the six, bare minimum SDKs that all apps (on a budget) should use.
Request the list of SDKs useful for mobile apps here.
Incipia is a mobile app development and marketing agency that builds and markets apps for companies, with a specialty in high-quality, stable app development and keyword-based marketing strategy, such as App Store Optimization and Apple Search Ads. For post topics, feedback or business inquiries please contact us, or send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A/B testing
- android development
- app analytics
- app annie
- app marketing
- app promotion
- app store
- app store algorithm update
- app store optimization
- app store optimizationa
- app store search ads
- apple search ads
- aso tools
- coming soon
- facebook ads
- google play
- google play algorithm update
- google play aso
- google play console
- google play optimization
- google play store
- google play store optimization
- google uac
- google universal campaigns
- ios 11
- ios 11 aso
- ios development
- itunes connect
- limit ad tracking
- mobile action
- mobile marketing
- play store
- push notifications
- search ads
- universal campaigns
- user retention
- ux design