Looking for a good source of information on iOS 14's Explicit IDFA Opt-In changes?
Get the lowdown from these trusted news sources and stay tuned for upcoming Incipia posts of interpretations and implications on the iOS 14 IDFA matter.
If you haven't yet, be sure to join these Slack Channels to get the live discussion and ask questions of your own:
- Mobile Dev Memo - one of the best sources for news in the entire industry, run by the oracle of mobile marketing who wrote several prediction posts on this very topic, Eric Seufert.
- Singular's Slack Group - led by the company's honest and straightforward CEO, Gadi Eliashiv who has been focused on education of what this means for the industry, not sales.
Of course, get the information from the 1st party source itself - but the details of iOS 14 and IDFA questions can sometimes be hard to interpret from Apple's documentations as not everything is finalized, spelled fully out or clear, leaving room for guessing at what Apple's interpretation and actions will be.
- Apple's primary source of information on the iOS 14 IDFA privacy topic
- A page describing how Apple's MMP-like SDK (SKAdNetwork) will handle attribution
- From Singular's Slack Channel - a page describing the 24-hour timer component of Apple's SKAdNetwork
These authors saw some form of the deprecation of the IDFA coming and provide prescient details into how the world might pan out.
- Eric Seufert's Feb 2020 post on what happens to the mobile ad industry if/when the IDFA were to be deprecated
- An Ad Exchanger post on the topic of IDFA deprecation
- Another Eric post on how the deprecation of the iOS IDFA accelerates the development and refinement of marketing mix models
- The most comprehensive post thus far, again by Eric Seufert on what's happening next after iOS 14 and the IDFA explicit opt-in rolls out; alternatively check out Eric's iOS 14 predictions Twitter post
- A post shared via the Mobile Dev Memo Slack channel surveying people to see how many would opt into allowing their IDFA to be tracked
- A Singular post with journalist John Koetsier and industry leader Jayne Peressini of EA Games on her opinion on how iOS 14 will impact the industry.
- A podcast episode on the strategic implications on gaming of the IDFA deprecation on the deconstructor of fun show with Eric Seufert and Yevgeny Peres.
- A podcast episode on the IDFA deprecation between mobile ecosystem journalist John Koetsier and Eric Seufert
- 30+ comments by industry experts on what the iOS 14 changes mean for the industry, as collated by Louis Tanguay from App Growth Summit; includes comments from Incipia CEO Gabe Kwakyi.
- A post from Fyber about post-iOS 14 options for contextual targeting.
Mobile Measurement Partner Posts
Posts by these players are inherently tinged by some level of bias given their position in the center of this war zone, but these posts and resources are nonetheless extremely valuable as these are the OGs of the attribution space.
- Singular's original post announcing Apple's iOS 14 changes
- Singular iOS 14 IDFA FAQ
- A Singular podcast episode on the iOS 14 changes
- An AppsFlyer post on preparing for iOS 14 IDFA changes
- Shared from Mobile Dev Memo's Slack channel - Branch's post on the iOS 14 IDFA changes
- Adjust's post on the iOS 14 IDFA changes
- Kochava's post on the iOS 14 IDFA changes
- A/B testing
- android development
- app analytics
- app annie
- app development
- app marketing
- app promotion
- app review
- app store
- app store algorithm update
- app store optimization
- app store search ads
- apple search ads
- aso tools
- client management
- coming soon
- facebook ads
- google play
- google play algorithm update
- google play aso
- google play console
- google play optimization
- google play store
- google play store aso
- google play store optimization
- google uac
- google universal campaigns
- ios 11
- ios 11 aso
- ios 14
- ios development
- itunes connect
- limit ad tracking
- mobiel marketing
- mobile action
- mobile analytics
- mobile marketing
- play store
- promoted iap
- promoted in app purchases
- push notifications
- search ads
- universal app campaigns
- universal campaigns
- user retention
- ux design